Beyond the limit.


via Instagram

🇬🇧🇺🇸 Beyond the limit. Recap of the race (part 2, see yesterday's post for part 1). Please sit down, long post ahed. At 21th kilometer, one of the pacers said "Now you begin the marathon!". We ran some kilometer in the centre of the city, then came back to the bank of the river and in the wind too. We lost some of the runners along the road. At 25th kilometer I started feeling tired legs, so I ate some bananas (thanks Mauro for passing me them!). At 30th kilometer Mauro accelerated, I was sure he had much more energies than what he spent till then. Returning to Verona, the wind started "killing" people: we passed many runners that were walking. I was very tired, and the left calf had sent signals of coming cramp. But we were in Verona, running in the along the narrow streets. I forget few things of that part of the race. I only wanted to get to the finish line. I lost sight of the pacers, see them orange baloons in the distance for some minutes. I was so tired that I didn't notice that I passed them at 40th kilometer refreshment. They reached me at 41th kilometer, when I had to stop for 20-30 seconds due to a calf cramp. Thanks to their support, I started running again and crossed the finish line, under 3.40! That's where I started crying, but this is another story.

🇮🇹 Oltre il limite. Riepilogo della gara (parte 2, vedere il post di ieri per la parte 1). Sedetevi comodi, post lungo.
Al 21esimo chilometro uno dei pacers disse "Ora inizia la maratona!". Corremmo qualche chilometro in città per poi tornare sull'argine fiume, e anche nel vento. Ogni tanto qualcuno del gruppetto restava indietro. Al 25esimo cominciai a sentire le gambe stanche, e mangiai qualche banana (grazie Mauro per avermele passate!). Al 30esimo Mauro accelerò, ero sicuro che avesse molte più energie di quelle che aveva speso. Tornando a Verona, il vento faceva le prime vittime: passammo parecchi runner che stavano camminando. Ero molto stanco, e il polpaccio sinistro mi mandava segnali di crampi imminenti. Ma ormai eravamo a Verona, lungo le strette strade del centro. Ricordo poche cose di questa parte della gara, mi interessava solo arrivare al traguardo. Persi di vista i pacer, vidi per qualche minuto i loro palloncini arancio in lontananza. Ero così stanco che non mi accorsi quando li superai al ristoro del 40esimo chilometro. Mi raggiunsero quando dovetti fermarmi per 20-30 secondi al 41esimo chilometro per un crampo. Grazie al loro incitamento, ricominciai a correrere ancora e tagliai il traguardo, sotto le 3 ore e 40, il mio obiettivo! Iniziai a piangere, ma questa è un'altra storia.

Commenti

Post più popolari